Overview: TheGreat Wolf Summer Hospitality Internshipis a 10-week program that provides college students withmeaningfulexperiencethat complimentstheir current coursework. Through an experiential and structured approach to learning,internswill gain real-life experience in the hospitality and entertainment industry. The program will include a job shadow week to provide exposure and learning of other disciplines across the brand. At the end of the program, participants will also complete a term project and present to the lodge leadership team. Upon successful completion of program,internswill be considered for future internships, full-time positions and/or Great Wolf's Management Development Program (MDP).
The 10-week program will include:
- 10-weeks in a frontline position in disciplines such as: Guest Services, Housekeeping, Retail & Attractions, or Food & Beverage
- 1 job-shadow week to experience different disciplines not included in the rotation as well as exposure to HR, Sales and Aquatics disciplines
- A meaningful project to execute and present to the lodge leadership team at the conclusion of the program
- On-the job, self-paced and classroom style learning for your assigned discipline (no prior experience required!)
- Opportunity to network with program participants within your lodge and across the company
- Professional development and targeted growth opportunities in hotel/resortoperations, leadership experience and business acumen
What you will gain:
- Gain real-life experience and on-the job training for key frontline positions
- Experience creating, preparing and presenting to a leadership team
- Exposure and visibility to the lodge leadership team and Management Development Program (recent college grads) leaders
- Frequent feedback and coaching to support your growth and development throughout the program and beyond
- Opportunity to work and learn from a diverse set of pack members and leaders
- Training and development focused on your personal and professional development as well as key competencies in the hospitality andentertainment industry
- Handles the day-to-day responsibilities of key frontline roles such as Front Desk Agent, Room Attendant, F&B Attendant, Server, Retail & Attractions Attendant, Entertainment Ambassador etc.
- Complete assigned project and present to lodge leadership team
- Participates in a professional development seriesto develop both soft and technical skills
- Maintains a work area that adheres to the highest standards of cleanliness, presentation and service
- Enhances the guest experience through providing exceptional customer service
- Adheres to daily operating and safety procedures
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Current enrollment at an accredited 4-year university
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in hospitality, business or a related field
- Available to complete at minimum a 10-week program (June - August)
- A cumulative 3.0 GPA minimum
- Experience utilizing basic math skills with ability to add, subtract multiply and divide
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs
- Schedules will include working evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must have unrestricted work authorization in the US
- No housing or relocation will be provided
- Passion for service
- Intellectual curiosity, positive attitude, self-motivation, and curiosity about developing a modern family vacation business
- This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing, and talking.
- May involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color, vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment. Involves use of hands and fingers for typing on keyboard and using a mouse.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
About Great Wolf
Join our Pack! Across North America, our Pack numbers in the thousands, and we are growing as we expand our paw print - adding new lodges each year. Driven by our purpose to Bring Joy to Families, Great Wolf Pack Members act as one pack to show we care, use our imaginations, and make it personal for our guests and each other every day. Great Wolf Lodge is a fun, safe and family oriented environment where Pack Members have opportunities to improve every day and grow along with us!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Great Wolf Lodge will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business .
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)