About UsAt HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Primary ResponsibilitiesIn the role of Transit Intern, we'll count on you to:
* Work with project managers and engineers to develop civil design plans, specifications, and cost estimates for Bus Rapid Transit, Streetcar, Light Rail, Commuter Rail, or Heavy Rail design projects across North America.
* Civil and track engineering assignments include ADA design, station layouts, alignments and profiles, quantity tabulations, and 2D/3D CADD support.
* In this role you will have the opportunity to work with other disciplines and gain general knowledge of the Civil Engineering industry.
* Perform other duties as needed
* Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate Engineering program
* Attention to detail a must
* Must possess strong problem-solving and communication skills
* Basic Microsoft Office skills
* An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
* Prefer 2 years completed toward degree with 3.0 GPA
* Emphasis in Civil Engineering
* Transit related coursework
* Railroad design/engineering
* Demonstrated knowledge of software packages related to field of study/industry
* Preference given to local candidates
Why HDRAt HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.